Achievements of Joe Blasco
- National Association of Broadcast Employees and Technicians (N.A.B.E.T.) AFL-CIO, CLC,
Local #53 and #57, Hollywood, CA
- I.A.T.S.E., AFL-CIO Makeup Artists and Hair Stylist Union
Local #706, Hollywood, CA
- The Beauty and Barber Supply Institute (B.B.S.I.)
- The Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror Films
- Better Business Bureau, Los Angeles, CA
- Chamber of Commerce, Hollywood, CA
- Better Business Bureau of Central Florida, Winter Park, FL
- Chamber of Commerce, Orlando, FL
- Metropolitan Business Association (M.B.A.). Orlando, FL
- Florida Motion Picture and Television Association (F.M.P.T.A)
- Licensed Cosmetician, State of California
Professional Makeup artist for the NBC and ABC television affiliates in Pittsburgh, PA. (1963-1965) Traveling representative and Makeup artist for the Max Factor Company. Makeup artist and laboratory apprentice with Ben Nye, Sr., Los Angeles, CA. Studied with Mr. George Bau at Warner Brothers Studios. Studied television Makeup techniques with Mr. Rudy Horvatich (Head of Makeup, ABC-TV). Studied highlight and shading techniques with Mr. Kiva Hoffman. Studied the film and television lighting techniques of Mr. George Dibie at ABC-TV, Los Angeles. Studied Horror and Monster Makeup with Mr. Harry Thomas. Worked under the direction of Mr. Bud Sweeny, Mr. Lou Philippi, Mr. Charles Nash, Mr.Verne Langdon, and Mr. Lee Greenway (CBS-TV, Television City, Los Angeles, CA). Professional Makeup Artist for ABC-TV, CBS-TV, and NBC-TV, Hollywood, CA. Professional Makeup Artist for Humana Hospital Burn Centers. Radio show host: The Joe Blasco Show, 98.7 KIEV Radio Hollywood, CA. Directed and hosted the Orlando Science Center permanent guest introduction video on Makeup manufacturing, Makeup application, and Makeup history. This video is shown daily to the hundreds of patrons interested in learning more about the exciting field of Makeup artistry. The Joe Blasco Makeup display and video is located in the Tech Works Section of the Science Center.
He recently created MUATV and TheMakeupSpace.com to bring high quality makeup education further in to the entire world via the internet.
Mr. Blasco travels the world as a guest lecturer and consultant on the art of natural beauty Makeup and special Makeup effects for film, television, and live theater. He has appeared on many talk shows and has been interviewed by news and entertainment reporters for all three major networks and for numerous local and regional television shows throughout the USA and abroad.